Here at DeafLondon we are very much gearing up for the General Election.
Everywhere you look it seems that people are talking and signing about the General Election – the Metro newspaper this morning had 12 pages dedicated to the race to become the next Government – but where does that leave BSL signers?
Rather disappointingly none of the key parties currently feature BSL on their websites. Despite making promises to be accessible it seems that again BSL has been left off their action lists.
Motivated by our desire to get BSL users voting we’ve decided to translate summaries of the party manifestos ourselves. (Thanks to the Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust for funding).
This week’s instalment features two videos focussing on Immigration and Welfare
We want to know what you think about the Election and which issues mean the most to you. We want you to send us your BSL videos to be shared on this site.
A few rules:
- Videos need to be sent by yousendit, or as it’s now known HighTail (https://www.hightail.com)
- Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos must be under 2 minutes long
- Videos featuring racist, homophobic or hatred content will not be accepted
- By sending us your video you agree to it being used on our site and for future DeafLondon activities
So, get involved! Let’s get London’s Deaf Community talking.